A full time temporary position has become available within a government department in the Liverpool area.
Secretariat Support Assistant - Agenda for Change role Band 5
The post holder will work as part of a team in delivering an efficient and effective Business Management Support service.
Key responsibilities will include:
Planning & Organising
· Collating, organising and managing the flow of documents evidence for the Chairman and Panel members as appropriate.
· Preparing documents and evidence for meetings including the preparation of indexes and agendas and, on occasions, recording minutes of meetings, tracking actions and timeframes as appropriate.
· On occasions preparing draft reports, papers, presentations regarding own areas of responsibility.
· Arranging meetings and evidence sessions as directed, including sending invitations, booking venues, making travel arrangements and preparing relevant papers and material for attendees. Being available to provide high quality support to ensure meetings run as planned.
· Supporting the Senior Management Team in the delivery of their individual priorities and work requirements.
· Supporting the management of activities, gathering information, updating documentation and making enquiries as necessary including keeping records of communications.
· Understanding and identifying potential risks, issues and actions and proactive mitigation where possible by ensuring concerns are escalated promptly.
· Contributing ideas and assisting with the development and improvement of effective business processes to facilitate the smooth running of the Investigation.
· Contributing to the development of robust work processes and systems to ensure timely delivery of work.
· Working closely with other team members to improve current practices and processes to achieve the most effective and efficient outcomes.
· Supporting the team on the timely capture of lessons learnt.
· Maintaining effective electronic and paper filing systems, to ensure information is stored securely and is accessible to other members of the team.
· Maintaining databases as required.
· Contributing to effective information management within the team including reporting.
· A flexible and responsive approach to work in line with the needs of the Investigation.
Analysis & Judgement
· Be a first point of contact within the Investigation, dealing with and responding effectively to complex queries from stakeholders and making detailed records to share with team members as appropriate.
· On occasions effectively handle significant quantities of confidential and sensitive information, always ensuring the appropriate degree of confidentiality and discretion is demonstrated.
· Work effectively with team members to collect and review evidence required by the Investigation Panel.
· Contribute to reports and analysis of information to produce evidence reports for the Chairman, Panel and senior management as required.
· Demonstrate initiative and a keen attention to detail in all aspects of work, managing competing demands and priorities.
· Drafting standard responses to queries and ensuring that all correspondence is accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
· Communicate effectively, orally and in writing both within the Investigation and externally responding in a timely manner.
· Communicate information and issues, including briefings and reports to managers as appropriate.
· Answering queries from the public relaying messages accurately and promptly and, if possible, answering questions. When appropriate redirect to manager, proactively seeking information.
· Ensuring value for money is sought at every opportunity ensuring that appropriate approval has been granted for all expenditure.
· Continually striving to deliver value for money, efficiency and timely delivery of work.
· Supply relevant information required for effective financial management.
· Provide advice and support on own area of responsibility where necessary.
· Support training and induction of new and existing staff.
Research & Development
· Carry out web based and publications research as appropriate.
· Enable processes for sharing learning and outcomes.
In addition to the requirements within the job description we would be looking for people who could demonstrate the following:
" Adherence to the government Covid-19 Guidelines
" Understanding of records management and Information Governance
" Able to manage own workload and set their individual work priorities
" Able to work with limited supervision.
Please apply online if you are interested in this role
Posted 4 weeks ago
£10.83 - £12.74 per hour